See-N-Read® Reading Tools fulfill your search for...
How to improve reading comprehension
How to improve reading skill
Reduces word- and line-skipping – Research-based and classroom-tested
These "reading highlight strips" are a patented (U.S. Patent No. 7,954,444) and proven assistive reading technology that addresses poor eye tracking
and other reading remediation issues.
Aligned with Common Core State Standards and STAAR™
What are See-N-Read® Reading Tools?
- They are research-based and classroom-tested interventions for struggling readers (U.S. Patent No. 7,954,444) that help them to see, focus, and remember what they read.
- Helps readers to concentrate on and track text and smoothly move across the words being read without losing their place, even when changing lines ("sweeping")
- Helps readers control their eye movements across the text on a page.
- Note: Related terms such as reading guide strips, reading highlight strips, reader strips, reading hiliter strips are used but, currently, all other such products do not hold a U.S. Patent and, typically, are not research-based
Who may need See-N-Read®?
- Readers of any age who skip words or lines while reading or have trouble focusing their eyes (they may say “The words move on the page”…this is called pattern glare). Effective reading intervention strategies are essential for these readers.
- Readers with reading speed and comprehension deficiencies; fatigued readers.
What we know about Left to Right Eye Movement and Reading:
- The act of reading left to right is not an innate skill. The left to right reading process is a learned act. Some readers manage this process easily and others need help to smoothly move their eyes across a page of text. This is usually a trainable issue with the use of fluency interventions such as See-N-Read®, MemoryMark™ and eSee-N-Read™ Reading Tools.
Why does See-N-Read® work?
- Clear “ReadBar™” keeps readers’ eyes focused on the proper line (controls ‘visual field’), improving reading comprehension
- Shaded transparent areas filter out distractions on the page (other text, pictures) without blocking surrounding context, so readers’ eyes see larger ‘chunks’ of text (chunking reading strategy)..
- Supports control of eye movement for smooth reading and line transitions left to right and top to bottom (“sweeping”), helping the reader to improve reading skill by training their eyes to move in the same way as accomplished readers' do.
How is See-N-Read® used?
- Lay it on the page and simply read the text in the clear window, moving See-N-Read® down the page. Some improvement is immediate…no ‘training’ is necessary to start.
- Re-read through the upper shaded transparent area without removing the tool from the page (opaque 'reading strips' require this), thus keeping the reader’s place, a common issue for word and line skippers.
How versatile is See-N-Read®?
- See-N-Read® is a tool that can be used with any general reading material or with any programs that are intended to improve reading skills or are aimed at improving reading comprehension.
- See-N-Read® comes in two sizes: “Book” (5 ½” x 3” for smaller books) and “Document” (8 ½” x 3” for larger books and printed documents).
- The clear reading window fits most commonly used font sizes (up to 20 font).
Does See-N-Read® have endorsements from
health and education professionals?
- See-N-Read® enjoys endorsements from medical, cognitive processing, vision therapy and education professionals who recognize them as truly effective interventions for reading.
- The "proof of the pudding" is that these practitioners and researchers use See-N-Read® in their practices.
How affordable is See-N-Read®?
- Improves reading for less than some people spend for one cup of coffee.
Made in USA
Spelling and Vocabulary Quick Reference Guide
Improve spelling skills, expand vocabulary!
Easy-to-Use -------------------- Fast ----------------------- Focused
- 40-page booklet is simple to use and unintimidating
- Find the correct spelling of 300+ most commonly used American words.
- Includes 'sound-alike' words (homophones)
- Alphabetically lists the most commonly misspelled words in American English
Helps users to expand their 'social' vocabulary into their written work
Avoids the 'fear factor' of dictionaries and encourages broader vocabulary use
Click here to learn more!