One of the most transformative effects of digitalization can be seen in the education/learning department. Digital tools such as computers, smartphones, interactive white boards, cameras, online learning and reading products, etc. have made learning engaging and effective. However, in order to realize the full potential of digital education and integrate technology into learning activities, there are certain strategies that should be implemented.
Following are the ways with which the effectiveness of digital tools can be ensured in the current education system:
• Collaboration: For digital tools to be effective, there should be a way with which students can collaborate and share what they have learnt as a means of providing feedback to each other. Learning activities should be designed in a way that enables students to use digital tools and explore a topic with other students across the globe. Shared screen collaboration encourages students to work together for a common goal, think critically and interact with their peers.
• Questioning: Questioning is an intrinsic part of the learning process that should be integrated into digital tools to facilitate exploration and get answers for deep questions. Students should be trained to evaluate online resources and websites when looking for answers. They should be encouraged to ask questions and share their findings in the process.
• Connection: Digital tools can be transformative when used as a means of connecting and sharing information with others even after school is over. When students have an authentic audience in the form of listeners, readers and viewers interested in their work, they feel motivated. Teachers can create an online platform/community for students to share their suggestions, ideas, or queries at any time.
• Communication: Online seminars and webinars are effective digital learning tools that rely on two-way communication between a teacher and student. However, for their optimal utility, a teacher should be skilled at keeping students engaged and interested in the class by asking questions or seeking their opinions on a point.
• Creation Tools: These tools are used to encourage students to showcase their understanding of a lesson/activity in the form of storytelling, video or voice recordings. However, for them to be effective modes of sharing, they should be enhanced with features that make them seamless to use.
• Learning Experience: When using technology, a teacher should prioritize the learning experiences of students for effectively harnessing their curiosity to discover new things and explore topics of interest. For instance, to get them excited about an online class, the teacher can ask them to do some online research beforehand and reward them for their efforts in digital research.
See-n-Read Reading Tools provides effective reading and learning tools. The tools help students in transforming their reading and learning skills. To know more about ways to ensure that digital tools are transforming education, visit 2533 Sutton Lane, Aurora, IL – 60502. You can also call at (630) 236 – 5592.